I once heard that blogging is the landfill of human thoughts. But recycling is the name of my game so keep this 'rubbish' moving around the blogosphere and join me on my journey of 365 Random Acts of Kindness inspired by Danny Wallace's book

Sunday 27 March 2011

The rise of Star William Francis


Random Act of Kindness No.42 – Offer some handy advice to a tourist.

In recent times, I have become a real believer in fate, kismet, serendipity or whatever one may call it. And today really supported my new found faith in fate.

As you are all aware, I am not in London at the moment. University has wound down for Easter, and I go to Australia on Saturday, therefore, spending some quality time with my rents, and the bros before I go. I was therefore slightly concerned about todays RAOK. Not many tourists pass through my quiet village. I thought I would venture into Stratford-Upon-Avon and help out the thousands or tourists that flood the apparent ‘world-class’ town.

But as luck would have it, whilst I tucked into my bacon, egg, and black pudding sandwhich, someone came onto the drive and knocked on the door. I wasn’t going to budge, as the likely hood is it won’t be for me and be for one of my older brothers. But as the youngest, there are some things you just have to do. All my older brothers sat around the table looking at me waiting for me to get up and go. And well, of course I did.

I held the dogs back and opened the door. “Hello hello”.
“Oh hello, sorry to bother you on a Sunday morning but do you know where corner croft is?”

Hang on. Let me think about this. “so, as you asked me where this place is you don’t know right?”
“yeeees”
“Right, so I could call you a tourist as you are visiting the area, right?”
“ermmmm, yes I suppose”
“Crackin’, yeah I know where it is” I proceeded to give him a blow by blow description of where it is. Told him about all the potholes in the road, and the good spots to stop to get a good view. Corner croft is only 2 minutes away in a car but still. I thought I would do my best at offering some handy advice to a ‘tourist’.

“You’re a star. Thank you so much”

A star? I only told you where a house is, where two potholes in the road are, and one viewing point on the way, but hey I will accept that. Star William Francis. That has a nice ring to it, I like it.

Awesome. RAOK No. 42 complete. I am nearly at half a century. What can I do to celebrate making it that far? Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment