I once heard that blogging is the landfill of human thoughts. But recycling is the name of my game so keep this 'rubbish' moving around the blogosphere and join me on my journey of 365 Random Acts of Kindness inspired by Danny Wallace's book

Monday 7 March 2011

"But there are advantages to being elected President. The day after I was elected, I had my high school grades classified Top Secret." Ronald Reagan


Random Act of Kindness No, 22 - Write to an old teacher, and say thanks.

When I first saw this RAOK, I thought I should perhaps write a letter and apologise, not say thank you. However, I thought about it for a while and there was this one teacher who, has stuck in my head since I left school. That was my Psychology teacher. Mrs. Newman, I think one of the best teachers ever.

Back at school I may have been a slight handful; I wasn’t a complete idiot, or rude boy. But, I was very strong-minded, shall I say, and as the youngest of four boys I certainly new how to be awkward.

Nonetheless, Mrs Newman had the measure of me, and always managed to drag the best out of me. She certainly had a good work ethic and made sure we all worked, towed the line and achieved. In our last Psychology lesson, she said something along the lines of, ‘don’t be a stranger, let me know how you are doing sometime’. So I thought today was a perfect opportunity to let her know how I am doing and say thank you.

At the start I was planning just a wee letter. However, I got into it and three pages later I finished the letter with my blog address. Yeah is that wrong to say thank you, but hey check out my blog? Perhaps. Ah well, it is in the post box now. Hopefully she will have a look on here and let me know. I actually feel really good after writing that letter. Everyone should do it. Write a simple little letter to and old school teacher, boss or someone who has genuinely helped you, and made a difference to you. It’s really nice.



Anyhow, the posters. Yes, I made another one today. I wondered whether to drop it in the postbox as well for the postman, but I didn’t have it with me when I went to post the letter. It only occurred to me after. Perhaps another day I will put one in there.

But today, I went food shopping. My mum and sister in-law are coming down to stay at the Peckham Palace tonight as they’re going to Italy tomorrow morning so see the other in-laws. Obviously I am going to be a crackin’ host so I am going to whip up a storm in the kitchen. But before I could do that I needed some food to cook with. Whilst I was in the lovely Morrisons supermarket in Peckham, I popped the poster in with the veg. I thought it was a great idea to cheer up all the fellow shoppers. No one really like shopping in Morrisons do they, so I thought this might put a smile on their face.

Have a look at the picture.


Crackin’. 

6 comments:

  1. Well thank you very much. The real inspiration has to be Danny Wallace. But thank you, it means a lot to know people actually appreciate what I am doing. I hope you keep checking back and enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good old Kineton High School...i remember psychology with Mrs Newman...some of the best lessons ever! :) And im sure the broccoli was smiling all day after receiving that poster. :P x

    ReplyDelete
  3. you didnt put kineton aftern banbury road on the address. muppet!
    Nice idea though to write a letter.
    You should write one to your dear form tutor mrs evans! hahaha good times xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did indeed forget to put Kineton, nevermind. I am sure it will get there as I did say Kineton High School and put the postcode on. I hope Mrs Newman gets it and has a look on here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im sure she will. What a ledgend she is! xx

    ReplyDelete