I once heard that blogging is the landfill of human thoughts. But recycling is the name of my game so keep this 'rubbish' moving around the blogosphere and join me on my journey of 365 Random Acts of Kindness inspired by Danny Wallace's book

Wednesday 30 March 2011

All we hear is, Radio ga ga, Radio goo goo


I was on the Radio today! Yes I was. A couple of bad things happened. One, I told all my friends the wrong Radio Station… oops. And secondly, I didn’t do any shameless promotion. I forgot to mention the address for my blog! Darn, better luck next time son.

I think I also inadvertently completed a RAOK that is coming up later in the book, Smile at the speed camera. I don’t think I was quite smiling it was more open mouthed shouting a word beginning with F…

Fudge of course.

I will class that as my practice run. I will be prepared for when the day comes now.

Random Act of ­Kindness No.44 – Choose a Local shop instead of a supermarket. (Unless you are a shoplifter)

Well I am not a shoplifter, so I don’t have to worry about that. And secondly, I have been brought up in an area where you have no choice other than to use local shops. Yesterday morning, I took some time out from my University work and went over to Talton Mill Farm Shop, to buy some vegetables for the fam. This is local shopping at its best! The farm shop sells all its own produce, which are grown just meters away in the field. It is truly awesome. My whole family are regulars there. We go over several times a week to get some crackin’ fresh veg.

Because this RAOK was pretty much part of my everyday life, I thought I should step up my game for today’s RAOK.

Random Act of Kindness No. 45 – Hide a complimentary note in a book in the library.

And no, don’t worry this didn’t result in any form of vandalism, which the woman on the Radio suggested it might. I very cleverly used my brain and wrote the note on a piece of paper. I didn’t just leave one note, ohhhhh no. I left four. Yes I did!

Now I came up with three, or should I say, I came up with two, and Emily (the wonderful person who suggested I made posters saying, “Smile, today wasn’t so bad”) came up with the other. The fourth and final one was suggested by the landlady in my local pub, the Peacock in Oxhill.

So, without further ado, here are the pictures of my complimentary notes.

First up we have the regular, “Smile, today wasn’t so bad”


Next in line, “Everything will be alright”

Coming in 3rd place “You’re amazing, remember that.” (A Bruno Mars song comes to my head now).

Fourth and finally, suggested by the landlady and bar staff at the Peacock, “No… your bum doesn’t look big in that”.

Well there we have it. The four musketeers of complimentary notes.

If anyone is interested in listening to the interview I did on BBC West Midlands, have a listen here… William's Wonderful Radio Show!

I am going to pop down the pub tonight to complete RAOK No.46, which is offer, an unsolicited pint to a stranger. So if anyone fancies a free beer, then head down to the Peacock in Oxhill tonight and you might just get lucky.

Happy days!

2 comments:

  1. I spent three hours tonight listening to BBC Coventry on Listen Again. I thought you must have been dropped in favour of the mad old lady who wants to buy the Ark Royal and put it in her garden!

    I've listened to the right station now though. Good interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh lovely. West Midlands!! Jee that takes me back. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete