I once heard that blogging is the landfill of human thoughts. But recycling is the name of my game so keep this 'rubbish' moving around the blogosphere and join me on my journey of 365 Random Acts of Kindness inspired by Danny Wallace's book

Saturday 12 March 2011

Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart


Random Act of Kindness No. 27 – Send a Valentines card to the ugliest person you know.

Today’s date is the 12th March, not the 14th of February. Hmmm.

The other day, a friend of mine sent me a text message. She said was feeling completely bogged down and miserable at the moment because of her University work and in her words – “soppy moment here…I miss you”. She goes to University up north so I don’t get to see her much. We used to go to the same school as each other and spend everyday together. Nowadays we only really see each other during the holidays, even then not much as she is always off diving or holidaying somewhere.

When I saw my RAOK today I thought I should send my friend who sent me that text message a little card, and in that card a little poster, and on that poster a a little message, and that message will be – of course, “Smile, today wasn’t so bad” (thanks Emily for the idea).

This RAOK is far better considering the time of year and regarding my friend’s message. I am not mentioning who this friend is yet. I will wait until she gets the card and then hopefully will visit my blog and let us all know.
No expense was spared on the card as you can see…



Whilst I was writing in the card and making the little poster, I was listening to this song. I think it is really nice and thought I should share it with you all. Made me feel all fluffy and happy.




4 comments:

  1. Are you sure you brought that card yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think my housemate might have actually paid for it as i had no money on me. However, I will pay her back all in good time. perhaps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you not worried that the recipient will come on here and see the first line of the post and assume that you think them to be the ugliest person you know?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know he thinks im the ugliest person i know...haha. Recieved the card today when i got back in from working in the library...made my day so much better!
    Thankyou Willhelm...
    P.s. i am not always on holiday or diving!!!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete