I once heard that blogging is the landfill of human thoughts. But recycling is the name of my game so keep this 'rubbish' moving around the blogosphere and join me on my journey of 365 Random Acts of Kindness inspired by Danny Wallace's book

Friday 4 March 2011

Coffee break...


RAOK No. 19 - Find old scarves and gloves you don’t need any more and, on a cold day, offer them to the strangers in the street.

Well today was a typically cold February day. It was slightly overcast in the morning but the sun soon came out and the sky turned clear blue. I have been slightly under the weather recently with a cold, seeing the sun poke out from behind the clouds beaming down on Elephant and Castle filled me with happiness and joy. There was still a bite in the air though.

Now those who have been avidly following my blog with remember Tom., or as I named him Darren. Here he is…



Well I ended up buying him a pair of gloves, therefore, I have kind of already completed this RAOK. I therefore, decided to adapt this RAOK, and instead of giving some gloves or a hat to someone, I would buy a lovely cappuccino from the Lavazza man outside my University. In the underpass in Elephant and Castle, more often than not, there is a homeless person, asking for spare change. Instead of giving him some spare change I thought I would give him a heart-warming cappuccino.

I wasn’t sure what the person’s reaction would be, as sometimes they are very rude and shout abuse at you as you pass by. I got my friend to record it for me. Whatever the outcome and the person’s reaction I wanted to capture it.

I didn’t stop and talk to the man, but I told him “I don’t have any spare change but here is a cappuccino for you”. To my delight and perhaps surprise he was very happy with the cappuccino. It made me feel very good, and happy that I had put a smile on his face.

Here is a little video to show you what happened. It is only very short but you can certainly see his happiness. This was actually for me quite a moving RAOK. Perhaps because of my delicate state at present, nonetheless, I thoroughly enjoyed this RAOK.

Have a look at the video and let me know what you think.





Thank you. 

2 comments:

  1. South African Princess4 March 2011 at 09:45

    i would have loved it if he had gone a little bit mental, would have been way more funny...

    ReplyDelete