I once heard that blogging is the landfill of human thoughts. But recycling is the name of my game so keep this 'rubbish' moving around the blogosphere and join me on my journey of 365 Random Acts of Kindness inspired by Danny Wallace's book

Monday 14 March 2011

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL


Random Act of Kindness No.29 – At a sports day, cheer for someone you blatantly don’t know.

So, when I was younger it would have been easy to cheer for someone I blatantly don’t know. In fact I think I used to do that anyway, just to try and be funny. However, now I don’t really know when sports days happen or a school where I could go and watch and not look weird.

I actually decided to do this RAOK yesterday alongside the other one. I knew on a Sunday the local football team was playing. My housemate and I were going out shopping and on the way back we took a slight diversion to see the football game.

We stood on the side watching both sides play trying to figure out who was who. Whilst we were still debating whom the home side was one of the teams scored. When the ball hit the back of the net, I jumped up and down cheering. “Yeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh, GOOOOOOOAAAAAl. Nice one Felix. Crackin’ goal. Gooooo Feeeeelix”

Now I don’t know if this guy was called Felix but it was the first name that popped into my head. On reflection, he didn’t look like a Felix. I did have a few strange looks. I don’t know if that was because it was the away team that just scored or whether people wondered who the hell this strange boy is shouting at Jermaine calling him Felix. I still don’t know.

We decided to hang around for a little longer and I am pleased we did. Because this was an epic game of football. Goal after goal, the ball going from one end to the other. It was immense. After every goal, I did my own sideline celebration, shouting “GOOOOOAAAAL” and a random name.

“GOAL, Johnson, you legend”
“GOOOO Patrick”
“Yes Boy in the back of the net Wallis”
“Mr Peckoooooooooo what a goal”

You get the idea. After a while the other supporters started to move away, to the other side of the pitch. That’s when we decided to call it a day. We headed back to the Peckham Palace, and had a well deserved tea and biscuit after our energetic supporting.

Now tomorrow I am giving blood. At 15.20 I will be hooked up giving away some high quality blood. I hear people have been turned away because they do not have enough iron in their blood to donate. To overcome this, today I have taken on an iron rich diet. For breakfast, I had liver pate on toast. For a little snack I had some Hazelnuts. On the menu for lunch was Liver, with mash potatoes, and for dinner I have got a crackin’ steak sitting in the fridge. With my steak I am going to make some homemade chips. To make them extra crispy I splashed out on some goose fat to ensure a crispy exterior and a tender inside. Hmmmm. B-E-A-U-TIFUL.

Hopefully I will get a video of me giving blood. So check back tomorrow and see how I got on.

2 comments:

  1. Nice one Will. Having a steak on national steak day aswell. Well, actually its National Steak & Blowjob day, but i dont want to know about any plans you have for the latter! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you don't want to know what i got up to after all that red meat.

    ReplyDelete