I once heard that blogging is the landfill of human thoughts. But recycling is the name of my game so keep this 'rubbish' moving around the blogosphere and join me on my journey of 365 Random Acts of Kindness inspired by Danny Wallace's book

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Yes Chef!


RAOK No. 2, Send your compliments to the chef.

Now, I am a poor student on a budget of £10 a day. In order to send my compliments to the chef, I have to ‘dine out’.  Dining out does not normally come into my weekly budget, nonetheless, this week I had no choice other than to splash out.

I left the Peckham Palace this morning without my trusty blue Power Rangers lunch box. No jam sandwiches today my friend. I felt rather anxious and guilty leaving it behind, even so, I bravely closed the front door, turned my iPod on and cycled off to University with Tracy Chapman whispering sweet lullabies into my ears.

Lunch time soon came around and I felt at a loose end not being able to whip out my blue lunch box and indulge in my jam sandwiches.  I courageously carried on and I went to the SU bar to fulfil my hunger.

Now then, the SU bar’s menu is not that extensive but, what they do do, is top notch nosh. I decided to treat myself to pasta pomodoro. For those who don’t know what pomodoro is, it is a quintessential Italian tomato sauce that is typically served over cooked pasta.

I asked the wonderful girl who served me who the chef was. With a humble smile she said she had cooked the pasta and heated up the pomodoro sauce herself! Well then, that in my mind makes her the chef! Heyho, ‘Ahhh may I send my compliments to the chef then! This is fantastic!’ The lovely girl (whose name I failed to get), accepted my compliments graciously and even posed for a photograph with me.  Microwave cooking even deserves a compliment...textbook!

For those wanting a cheap lunch, I can highly recommend pasta pomodoro with half a pint of Guinness for  £4.50 – crackin’. I am,of course, not condoning daytime drinking but a wee tipple now and then is no bad thing. 




















Please comment, subscribe/follow and share with the world!

You guys are my sunshine in the rain.

1 comment:

  1. I am deffinatly going to go and try the pasta at the Darkroom! Even though the chef did not have to do much 'cooking'.. the blog is very well written

    ReplyDelete