I once heard that blogging is the landfill of human thoughts. But recycling is the name of my game so keep this 'rubbish' moving around the blogosphere and join me on my journey of 365 Random Acts of Kindness inspired by Danny Wallace's book

Friday 25 February 2011

Roses are red, Violets are blue, Honey is sweet, but...


Random Act of Kindness No. 12 – Give a stranger a note telling them your mate fancies them.

Now, you know the grand old myth that women fancy builders? Or find them attractive in some kind of way that is beyond me? I’m not quite sure whether that’s sexually attractive or just attractive in the realms of fantasy. I’ve always been slightly dubious of it anyway. I think it is more the idea behind it rather than the actually qualities of the builder. Nonetheless, there is something about builders that seem to get the attention of women, or should I say girls.

The house next door to us (no not the next door who’s car I cleaned yesterday the other next door) is having some serious building work done. And for some reason unknown to myself my three housemates, who yes are all female, seem to have taken quite a liking to waking up every morning and opening their curtains to be greeted by some builders hard at work.

One of my housemates in particular seems to enjoy hanging out her washing and smoking outside more than she used to. It is after all only February.

When I saw today’s RAOK… well, how could I not. I had to give the brown haired builder who seems to be the favoured one, a little note telling him my friend fancies them.

Personally I am not sure whether this is a kind random act, or a funny random act. However, this opportunity was too good to pass up. I got my best writing paper out, and my trusty bic biro and started writing my little letter of love on the behalf of my dearest housemate.

Once I felt I had captured her desire for the builder I slipped out the back door and handed it to the builder of the moment and said;

“This is for you, - cup of tea anyone?”

Well they all refused my offer of a brew, I don’t know whether they saw the teapot outside on the floor with fungi growing out of it, (It’s not going to be long before that thing walks off), or whether it was my t-shirt that said ‘I’m not toxic’ on it that put them off.

Who knows? I certainly enjoyed my brew whilst listening to the ‘banter’ of the builders.

Anyway here is a little picture of my, well, extremely poetic note. I think I captured the moment impeccably well.


1 comment:

  1. Any further developments with this one?! Enjoying this rather a lot William!
    Holly (Hong Kong!) xx

    ReplyDelete