I once heard that blogging is the landfill of human thoughts. But recycling is the name of my game so keep this 'rubbish' moving around the blogosphere and join me on my journey of 365 Random Acts of Kindness inspired by Danny Wallace's book

Sunday 13 February 2011

In the beginning...


A-up, it was recently my birthday, I turned 21! One of my friends (who shall remain nameless) gave me a gift. It was a lovely idea to give me a present to mark this milestone in my life. The present was a book. I like reading so that was good. However, the book was Random Acts of Kindness: 365 Ways to Make the World a Nicer Place by Danny Wallace. First and foremost I have a pet hate of the word nice (I think this may come from my mother), it is a word for lazy people who can’t be bothered to think of better words like – fabulous, exciting, groovy, first class, the list is endless. And secondly – what was my friend trying to tell me?

Were they trying to tell me in a ‘nice’ way that I was not a ‘nice’ person and I needed to do ‘nicer’ things? Or perhaps it was just a little token and acknowledgement of my birthday and that’s all. Little did they know what they inadvertently were about to start!

Well as I now have this book, I intend to follow it – word-for-word, crossing my t’s and dotting my i’s. For the next year I am going to embark on a journey – a journey to help make the world a ‘nicer’ place. I am hoping along the way I may find my spiritual home, my true calling, and a place where I feel at one with the world. During this process I will update this blog informing all about my goings on!

Please subscribe, comment, and share with the world my immense journey that I am just about to embark on.

Don’t forget to check back tomorrow to see about my first Random Act of Kindness

Peace and Love my ‘ickle munchkins!!!





1 comment:

  1. Look forward to hearing about your first random act of kindness...

    ReplyDelete